In this short post I’ll share my predictions on what Apple will announce in their upcoming September event. I’ll follow-up with another post afterwards grading my own predictions, and seeing if I beat my previous score (2 correct predictions).
iPhones Based on reading various rumours, it seems like a number of new iPhones will be announced next week: A follow up to the iPhone X (maybe called the X s), a larger version of the X, and a 6.1” cheaper iPhone with a similar design to the X. There are also some hints that there might be a replacement to the 7 of some kind. My predictions for the new line-up are:
- iPhone X s (5.8”) and X s plus (6.5”) with a new gold colour.
- iPhone 9 (6.1” with an X-like design, aluminium frame, a range of colours)
- iPhone 8 and 8 plus.
- New replacement for the 7 (possibly using the SE name).
Apple Watch The Apple Watch series 4 is expected to be announced a this event. Thanks to a leak published by 9to5Mac we know they will feature a new design, with the screen taking up more of the face, a tweaked Digital Crown and side button, and a thinner profile. My predictions for the watch are:
- New designs with larger screens but similar x and y dimensions of previous models. Old bands still work. No new colours.
- More complications available only on the newer models.
- Series 3 becomes cheaper, 4g option exclusive to Series 4.
Others My prediction for other devices:
- Updated Apple TV with faster processor.
- A release date for AirPower
- A release date for AirPods wireless charging case.
- No new iPads at this event.
- No new Macs at this event.
- An update on iOS 12 and Mojave (announcing release date, mentioning removal of Group FaceTime).
- Wildcard - Dark Mode exclusive to new iPhones and iPhone X.