Apple had their event on 12th September, and I’m finally getting round to grading my predictions.
- iPhone X s (5.8”) and X s plus (6.5”) with a new gold colour. Correct mostly, except the larger XS is called ‘Max’.
- iPhone 9 (6.1” with an X-like design, aluminium frame, a range of colours) Correct, apart from the name (iPhone XR).
- iPhone 8 and 8 plus. Correct/
- New replacement for the 7 (possibly using the SE name). Wrong.
Total score: 3/4.
- New designs with larger screens but similar x and y dimensions of previous models. Old bands still work. No new colours. Correct.
- More complications available only on the newer models. Correct.
- Series 3 becomes cheaper, 4g option exclusive to Series 4. Correct.
Total score: 3/3
My prediction for other devices:
- Updated Apple TV with faster processor. Nope.
- A release date for AirPower Wrong. In fact, it may even be cancelled.
- A release date for AirPods wireless charging case. Wrong.
- No new iPads at this event. Yep.
- No new Macs at this event. Correct.
- An update on iOS 12 and Mojave (announcing release date, mentioning removal of Group FaceTime). Not really.
- Wildcard - Dark Mode exclusive to new iPhones and iPhone X. No dark mode on iOS this year, so we’ll have to wait for iOS 13.
Overall score: 8/14.
This year my overall result is 57%, which isn’t the best grade. This is mainly due to having a large number of wildcard picks, with most of them incorrect. I’ll try again when Apple has their next event, most likely next month.